Library shelfmark: HI
Below are the links to the external websites. Language Centre takes no responsibility for the content of these websites.
- Faculty of Oriental Studies offers courses for Oxford students
- I love languages com a guide to languages on the web
- Indology: Internet Resources for Indological Scholarship from University College London.
- Major Indian Languages Summary information and links from the Mumbai (Bombay) pages.
- Hindi Alphabet video files on pronouncing and writing the Hindi alphabet. From the Language Resource and Research Center (LaRRC), University of Pennsylvania.
- Hindi Program at Penn includes audio lessons. Intermediate level and above.
- Hindibhasha.com online lessons
- Hindi lessons from North Carolina State University
- Hindi verbs English to Hindi verbs reference
- Samachar an excellent site with links to many newspaper sites as well as features on Indian current affairs
- Web resources for learning Hindi from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Learn Hindi Online has some useful tools for beginners who want to start learning Hindi
- Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa at Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
- Dictionaries links to lots of different dictionaries in many languages
- Shabkosh.com online dictionary
- Digital Dictionaries of South Asia from Chicago University
If you can't find the media you want in the language you want, try our multilingual page
- BBC World Service A Summary of news from the BBC with text and audio files