International English Links
Library shelfmark: EFL
See also the general English links page
Below are the links to the external websites. Language Centre takes no responsibility for the content of these websites.
- Aardvark's EFL Learning Resources dictionaries, learning resources, useful links, reader's suggestions.
- Dave's ESL Cafe from Dave Sperling. Focus on contacts between learners.
- Learn English effectively articles on how to learn English effectively, based on the experiences of successful learners.
- Links for ESL/EFL Students recommended links from the Internet TESL Journal.
- Dictionaries and Reference
- Studying Phonetics on the Net Resources For Studying Spoken English from George Dillon at the University of Washington
- EnglishLeap.com resources for phonetics from an Indian perspective. Also contains resources for learning English through Tamil and Hindi. Up to intermediate level.
- Pronouncing words with EmbedPlus videos video dictionary that will allow you to hear and see how words are pronounced
- Project Gutenberg digitally republished classic literature.
- Everypoet.com A large online archive of works by well-known poets and poetry- related resources
- A celebration of Women Writers
- Just So Stories
- Prize winning books online
- Yahoo - Electronic Literature: Collections Yahoo's long list of sites offering literature online.
- Hyperizons - Hypertext fiction Original hypertext fiction, plus theory, criticism and reviews.
- Myths and Legends Very well organised list of links, classified by region and language.
- On-Line Books Excellent search engine for books available online. There are probably more than you think: 'Austen, Jane', returns 13 entries including the complete works!
- The Poetry Archive Searchable database of famous poets and poems.
- Storybytes Collection of stories, all under 2049 words long.
- Writing den
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant
- Outta Ray's Head Writing Lessons
- Tandem . The International E-Mail Tandem Network: Language Learning in Tandem via the Internet
- The writing sites below are mainly for US university writing programmes
- Providers of information on writing (American/USA English)
Information on writing by topic
- Essay writing (American/USA English)
- Other writing (American/USA English)
- Contemporary writers' database A joint project from the British Council and Booktrust
- Today in Literature Biographical information on writers, texts, and events in literary history