Registration to use and borrow from the Oxford University Language Centre Library is offered to:
- All matriculated students of the University
- All members of staff of the University and Colleges, including Oxford University Press, University staff working within the NHS and visiting students
- All students registered for courses at the Oxford University Language Centre
Registration to use the library for reference only:
- Retired staff members of Oxford University
- Members of recognized independent centres, spouses/partners of staff and students, academic visitors, visiting scholars and recognised students
Other enquiries about library use, contact the librarian
All Oxford University members should bring their University card when registering.
Please note: A Bodleian reader's card (yellow card) does not entitle the holder to use the Oxford University Language Centre library.
- The Oxford University Language Centre Library is a lending library, with the exception of class and reference books. 6 items can be borrowed for up to 4 weeks for standard loans and 2 weeks for short loans. They are renewable five times.
- It is mandatory to register with library staff in order to borrow material.
- All material consulted on-site must be signed in the registers and all textbooks brought to language classes must be returned at the end of class.
All material is on SOLO (the university catalogue).
SOLO will indicate:
- where it is
Reference books are in the first book section, Textbooks in the second, and CD and DVDs are in the audio-visual sections
- loan status
Available means you can borrow the item. A date means it has been borrowed. You can place a reservation on those by signing in. Reference means not for lending
Once you have registered, you can borrow
- Scan the barcode of your university card
- Place each item you want to borrow on the plastic square: their titles should appear on the screen with the return date.
- Select the screen option for receipt or no receipt
- Select return on the screen
- Place each item on the plastic square: their titles should appear on the screen
- Select the screen option for a receipt or no receipt
- Open the drawer on the right-hand side and place your items there.