Japanese Entry Level Requirements for Fast Track courses
Who should complete the placement test:
- Any applicant who has studied Japanese outside the Oxford University Language Centre and is therefore unsure about his/her level
- Any applicant who has studied at the Oxford University Language Centre, but has been unable to complete the final exam or give the presentation in Trinity Term last year
About the placement test:
- The placement test should be completed before the official course application deadline (for further information, please see the Centre's main webpage)
- The test should be completed under strict exam conditions and dictionaries should not be consulted
- Every applicant should take Placement Test 1
- Those whose score of Placement Test 1 is 56-60 should take Placement Test 2, a Placement Test for Intermediate levels developed by Tsukuba University, Japan
Japanese Placement Test
If you are not confident in writing hiragana and katakana, please do not take this test and register for the “Stage 1+2” of the Fast Track course, or alternatively “Stage 1” of the General course.
Please open Placement Test 1 and answer the questions by selecting the best answer from the list.
If your score is 56-60, you are also required to take Placement Test 2, a placement test for intermediate level. Please send your result sheets to Ms. Keiko Harada at email@example.com.
Use your score and the table below to see which class you should take. Make sure that you put your test results on the application form.
||Fast Track course Stage 1+2
||Fast Track course Stage 2+3
||Fast Track course Stage 3+4
||Fast Track course Stage 4+5
||General course Stage 5
Please take Placement Test 2