Complaints Policy for Oxford University Language Centre
First stage: informal resolution with your tutor
Before raising a complaint, you should seek to explore your concerns and, if possible, resolve the matter with your course tutor.
Second stage: formal consideration
Submitting your complaint
If, after consulting your tutor, you continue to have concerns, or in cases where consulting your tutor is inappropriate, you should submit your complaint to the Language Centre Administration Team by email at email@example.com.
You should supply the following information.
1. Title, first name and last name
2. The course(s) you are taking at the Language Centre
3. Your degree course (as applicable)
4. Your department and college (as applicable)
5. A brief summary of the facts including any key dates (limited to 500 words)
6. A summary of what you think was wrong (limited to 500 words)
7. A summary of evidence which supports your complaint
8. What steps you have taken to address the complaint with your tutor. We may decline to consider your complaint if you have not done this and you do not have a compelling reason for not having done it.
9. The outcome(s) you are seeking
10. Please set out any time-critical factors of which the decision-maker should be aware
11. A statement that the information you are supplying is true, correct and complete, to the best of your knowledge.
Complaints which the Administration Team cannot answer will be referred within the Language Centre as follows:
• Modern language courses, to the Head of Modern Language Programmes
• Academic English courses, to the Head of Academic English
We aim to acknowledge complaints made under Stage 2 within 5 working days and send a response within 28 working days.
The following types of complaints or appeals have separate procedures:
• behaviour of members of staff amounting to harassment (see the University Harassment Policy)
• complaints or appeals for on-course students (see the University's Complaints and appeals procedures)
• behaviour of students (see Student Conduct and the University Harassment Policy)
• Freedom of Information requests.
Date of issue: 1 August 2020